Copyright © 2008 - 2014 No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Homecoming by Dan Walsh


AVAILABLE ON KINDLE


I didn’t realize when I picked up The Homecoming  at my local library, that this title was the continuation of The Unfinished Gift.   

The fact that this book is a sequel didn't affect my understanding of the story at all; this book completely stands alone and is a wonderful novel. 

If you’re in search of one of those “perfect” books to take on vacation, I highly recommend this title.  It combines everything I like in a book and for those who might normally shy away from historical fiction, I would urge you to give this book a try. 

I really appreciate that while the romance is tender (and intense at times) Dan keeps it clean and wholesome.  If you’re up for a feel good love story guaranteed to make you cry, this one’s a perfect pick. 

The Homecoming is the first book of Dan Walsh’s that I’ve read and I will most definitely be on the hunt for his other books.  Reminiscent of Charles Martin and Nicholas Sparks, Walsh weaves a romantic tale that left me taking a big deep sigh.  I was sad to come to the last page because I found myself so connected to the characters. 

Thankfully I won’t have to wait long to read more from this author because Dan’s third novel, The Deepest Waters releases on April 1st.





Book Description:
No sooner is Shawn Collins home from the fighting in Europe than he's called upon to serve his country as a war hero on a USO bond tour. Others might jump at the chance to travel all around the country with attractive Hollywood starlets.  But not Shawn. He just wants to stay home with his son Patrick, his aging father and to grieve the loss of his wife in private. When Shawn asks Katherine Townsend, Patrick's former social worker, to be Patrick's nanny while he's on the road, he has no idea how this decision will impact his life.  Could it be the key to his future happiness and the mending of his heart?  Or will the war once again threaten his chances for a new start?




Visit the author's website:  http://www.danwalshbooks.com/


1 comment:

~Cindy~ said...

I enjoyed both of them, reviewed both books...also he has a new book out, I just got it the other day for review...or signed up for it...they all run together..LOL