Copyright © 2008 - 2014 No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Downfall (Intervention Book 3)

I was sad to see that this was the last book in this series BUT, as a longtime Terri Blackstock fan, I know that she has more great stories on the way.  

Downfall is the third and final book in The Intervention Series.   Terri tackles the tough subjects of addiction and substance abuse in these books.  

As someone who unfortunately witnessed a good friend lose everything (including her marriage and children) due to an addiction to pain medications, these books resonated loudly with me.   Reading them was eerie at times, because I saw so much of my friend in these books.

Terri writes accurately about the subject matter, yet handles it with grace and mercy.  I strongly suggest that you read these books in order because the back story is important to know, to fully grasp the characters.   The books are fine as stand alones, but the third book made better sense to me because I already knew the background and how certain characters came into play.

Book Description:
Emily Covington has turned her life around after a drug addiction, but her family still has trouble trusting her. Though Emily has committed herself to a year-long treatment program and has been sober for almost a year beyond that, even her mother walks on egg shells around her, fearing she’ll relapse. After her behavior during her drug years, Emily realizes she has a lot to prove.
When police discover a home-made bomb under Emily’s car, and she then learns the wife of one of her friends was murdered that same morning, she knows things are deadly serious.
But who wants Emily dead? And why?

A conversation she had with two men, an Alfred Hitchcock movie, and a plan for a double-murder all conspire for one explosive ride … and Emily is the only one who can identify the killer and save the life of the next potential victim.

As she frantically works to solve this ever more complicated puzzle, Emily finds herself playing right into the killer’s hands.

READ AN EXCERPT



Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this book free from Zondervan. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.  


No comments: