Saturday, November 26, 2016

Tennessee Christmas by Amy Grant

Just in time for the holidays, Amy Grant released her first all-new Christmas album in nearly twenty years.

This is a collection of thirteen new recordings, including the title track, Tennessee Christmas. 

My favorite songs on this album were:

#8, I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm

#11, Still Can't Sleep

I loved the fun, upbeat sounds of them.

Longtime fans, however, may be surprised at the sound of this recording.  To be honest, I enjoyed Home For Christmas more, which was brighter and more elegant sounding. 

I missed the big orchestra, the strings, and the overall majestic sounds when I listened to these new songs.

However for those wanting a more subdued, mellow, melancholy sound, this might be a great choice.  

Check out the links below, to hear some samples for yourself.

You can purchase it here

or check out the audio of To Be Together on You Tube here

Listen to the title track, Tennessee Christmas here

 

No comments: