Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

CD REVIEW: Seth Condrey - More Than I See




2008 Dove Award Winner, Seth Condrey, released his debut English album titled “More Than I See” on June 2, 2009, which I had the pleasure of reviewing.

I wasn’t familiar with Seth or his music, but he inspired me with his meaningful worship lyrics. After reading that he was a dedicated husband and father, I also learned that he is the worship pastor at North Point Community Church. Seth and his wife Jessica, reside in Alpharetta, Georgia with their sons Titus and Jonas.

Discovering his own natural musical abilities at a young age as his family traveled full time and led worship, Seth began playing guitar and writing songs with the desire to lead others into worship. Drawing from the inspiration of artists such as Steven Curtis Chapman, John Mayer and Dave Matthews, Seth now writes his own melodies and lyrics with the hope that his music will lead others to a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.

Two of my favorite tracks are (3) You Are My Everything and (9) Everything. Seth’s “pop” style praise and worship offers a bit of variety from the very first track on this album which has an edgy rock feel, to “Everything” which is a beautiful worship ballad:

“And how can I stand here with You and not be moved by You?
Would you tell me how can it be any better than this?”

“Joy to Life” is an acoustic song about his young son Titus, which Condrey wrote while watching him play.

Seth grew up in South Carolina, lived in Argentina for a year, where he attended Bible school and learned to speak Spanish. His album “De Corazón a Corazón,” released in 2007, earned him the “Spanish Album of the Year” at the 2008 Dove Awards.




Seth’s newest album “More Than I Can See” was described by Christian Retailing magazine as featuring "songs that mine the musical middle ground between Paul Baloche and Phil Whickham."  Charisma Magazine stated that Condrey’s versatile voice, sometimes sounds like Jon Foreman, and other times, Marc Broussard.

I highly recommend this newest album, and look forward to more music by Seth Condrey.

Check out
North Point Live: Awake

No comments: