Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Monday, October 19, 2009

BOOK REVIEW: Watch Over Me


After reading Watch Over Me, I am adding Christa Parrish to my "favorite authors" list.

The first page of this book rocked my senses. I was intrigued and yet haunted by the initial subject matter (an abandoned newborn baby found in a grocery sack) - it was so gripping that I had to sit down and keep reading.

Benjamin and Abbi broke my heart as I read about their struggles. I could easily imagine what it must have been like for him to come home from Afghanistan with post traumatic stress disorder and what it must have been like for Abbi to long for the husband she used to know.

Benjamin discovers the abandoned baby girl, whom they agree to foster and they both begin to fall in love with her while trying to find their way back to each other.


This Christian Fiction novel was unlike so many others I've read - the characters got inside my head and heart and I could hardly put the book down. The issues are relevant to present day and the story is so beautifully complex - a love story with many facets.

If you read one Christa Parrish novel.....make it this one!


Learn more about Christa here: http://christaparrish.com/category/watch-over-me


This book was provided for review by Bethany House Publishers.









No comments: