Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

BOOK REVIEW: The Familiar Stranger



The Familiar Stranger (Moody Publishers, 2009)

Craig Littleton's decision to end his marriage would shock his wife, Denise . . . if she knew what he was up to. When an accident lands Craig in the ICU, with fuzzy memories of his own life and plans, Denise rushes to his side, ready to care for him.

They embark on a quest to help Craig remember who he is and, in the process, discover dark secrets. An affair? An emptied bank account? A hidden identity? An illegitimate child?

But what will she do when she realizes he's not the man she thought he was? Is this trauma a blessing in disguise, a chance for a fresh start? Or will his secrets destroy the life they built together?



I won this book in a giveaway and was interested to read it, having never heard of Christina Berry.

Christina - WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?   lol

This was probably one of the most intriguing books I've read, in the contemporary Christian fiction genre.   Just when I thought I knew what was going to happen, another unexpected twist would pop up and peak my interest all over again.


This isn't your typical struggling marriage saga that ends in happy ever after - this is some serious grit and suspense - an emotional roller coaster that kept me running back to this book to find out what was going to happen.


I will definitely be adding Christina to my "favorite authors" list and can't wait to see what she does with future books.


http://christinaberry.net/books.aspx


 

3 comments:

Christina Berry said...

Thank you SOOO much! I've heard similiar things from a few people. Almost that they expected a kind of "Christian soap opera" story and were surprised by the suspense and secrets.

And nobody's heard of me, so don't worry! ;P But God willing, if He blesses me with many more stories and contracts, you'll be in on the ground floor!

~Cindy~ said...

I LOVED this book, in fact it was my number one pick for 2009

Christina Berry said...

And I love Cindy! :)