Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Friday, February 5, 2010

BOOK REVIEW: Finding Inner Peace During Troubled Times

 



This book was much different than what I expected in that it is basically a prayer and meditation guide. Unfortunately, this one missed the mark in my opinion. Bill Moss’s idea is that you find inner peace through focusing on love, prayer, meditation and seeking God’s guidance. He refers to this book as an “essay”.  Personally, I found it to be a bit “New Agey” even with the references to God thrown in.   

He talks a lot about God’s love and that it comes from within but what concerned me about this book the most, is that there is not one mention of accepting Christ – which ultimately is the TRUE source of inner peace.    

God does not dwell within us or commune with us until we invite him into our heart and so I believe the author missed a huge opportunity to explain how one can receive God’s love and commune with Him through the Holy Spirit.  Many people are searching during these troubled times and I think that they won't find what they are looking and truly need if they pick up this title.

Jesus said that unless a man (meaning "person") is born again, they will not see the kingdom of God.  I really wish Bill Moss would've taken the time to explain that passage and detail how someone becomes born again.  Without salvation and accepting Jesus as your personal lord and savior - there isn't any inner peace.

I can’t give this book a good review or recommend it because it was way too “fluffy” and theologically incorrect for my taste.


This book was provided free for review by The B & B Media Group

No comments: