Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

BOOK REVIEW: She Walks In Beauty




This book is a gentle reminder that while we have come so far from the Victorian era in many ways – women are still abusing their bodies to be accepted and achieve “perfection.”  I love historical fiction that actually teaches me something while I’m enjoying the read and Siri Mitchell did that for me in this book. I knew that during the Victorian era, women’s fashions were a bit barbaric but I had no idea the extent of physical damage that corsets caused and just how many women died from the tight lacing method to achieve a small waist.  While this story doesn’t necessarily focus on just the fashions of the time period, it interjects enough about that portion of history to give the reader a sense of what women put themselves through to achieve the perfect appearance, snag the perfect husband and live the perfect life.   Another very interesting book by Siri Mitchell.

This book was provided free for review by Bethany House Publishers

Purchase the book

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVED this book! It was beautiful!