Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Within My Heart by Tamera Alexander


Fans of historical fiction (and romance) will likely devour Within My Heart by Tamera Alexander.

This book is set in 1877, in the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is rich with descriptions of the beautiful scenery. The story focuses on Rachel Boyd, a young widow with two sons who is struggling to keep her ranch going after the loss of her husband. Rachel is a character who is easy to admire. Her determination and independence in the face of all of the challenges that have been thrust upon her, makes her a heroine in her own right. 

This book has endearing characters and an interesting plot – I was sad when I reached the last page. I haven’t read the first two books in the Timber Ridge Reflections series, but it didn’t lessen my interest in this story or make me feel like I had missed out on any important details. If you are familiar with Tamera Alexander’s books, then you know what to expect – a beautiful love story seamlessly woven together with interesting historical facts. Within My Heart is about facing fears, overcoming challenges and learning to trust God even in the midst of horrible tragedy.


Read a personal note from the author about this book

Purchase a copy




This book was provided free for review from Bethany House Publishers

No comments: