Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Code Triage


This book should have a warning label! 

Something like:

Caution:   This book may be hazardous to your daily routine.  Side effects may include large neglected piles of laundry and/or over-producing herds of dust bunnies.


It was seriously THAT good! Unable to put it down and forget about the characters beckoning to me, I carried this book around and read it every time I had a minute to myself.

As a serious fan of medical drama, I was surprised that I hadn’t heard of Candace Calvert sooner.  I’ve already added the first two titles of this series to my wish list because I enjoyed Code Triage so much. 

While it's not necessary to read the Mercy Hospital series in order and I certainly didn't feel lost, I'm curious to see what Candace did with Critical Care and Disaster Status.

If you're unfamiliar with medical terminology, the term “triage” is a French word meaning "sorting, selection, choice."   Code Triage is the perfect title for this book because there are a lot of choices being made and many situations to sort through.

Main characters Dr. Leigh Stathos and her soon to be ex-husband Nick, are faced with decisions about their pending divorce.  Leigh has to choose between carrying bitterness and unforgiveness in her heart over Nick’s infidelity, or forgiving him and moving on. 

Nick has to decide whether or not he will run back into the arms of Samantha Gordon, the one night stand who is costing him his marriage.

And while readers are becoming completely absorbed in the love triangle between Nick, Leigh and Samantha (who just never seems to go away), the secondary characters in this tale add the perfect touch and make for a well rounded story.

Code Triage is one of those action packed, fast moving dramas that will keep you reading long into the night.  The characters quickly weld themselves to your heart and you cannot help but empathize with Leigh and Nick, so much in love and yet so broken and confused. 

And just when you think it can't get any better, the reader finds themselves peering into the busy lives of emergency room personnel who are put on high alert when a man posing as an employee goes crazy and starts shooting. 

This “ripped from the headlines” believable story, reminded me why I love to read so much.   I’m adding Candace Calvert to my list of favorite authors and anxiously awaiting to see what she produces next!  Who better to write medical fiction than a former ER nurse? 

Learn more about Candace at her website:  http://www.candacecalvert.com/



Many thanks to the author for providing me with a free review copy of Code Triage

No comments: