Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Passport Through Darkness


I found this book to be a very difficult read in terms of the subject matter. It’s not something you can race through or easily digest unless you have absolutely NO heart or conscience.

While I had “heard” bits and pieces of the tragedies related to human trafficking, it wasn’t a subject I spent a lot of time researching. As I was reading about the unspeakable horrors that Kimberly L. Smith witnessed and experienced herself, I quickly realized that this was a woman who HAD to have heard from God to involve herself in what is best described as the pit of hell.

I don’t know any reasonable, ordinary human being who would ever choose to do this on their own. I am convinced that she was sent by God.


My heart broke not only for the victims of these horrific crimes, but for Kimberly as well. So many situations and yet she was only *one* woman with a heart to help.  I cannot imagine seeing what she saw, and wanting to help everyone in need yet being without the resources to do so. How frustrating and heart wrenching!


Not all of us are called to go as Kimberly was, but I do believe that those who have the means should absolutely help those who are called to go. I found myself feeling all the more grateful to be born and raised here in the United States; but for the grace of God, any of us could easily be where this suffering and persecution runs rampant.


Kimberly’s story of “Baby Elijah” nearly did me in. I could not stop thinking about the other “Baby Elijah’s” who do not have a hero to notice them, care about them and love them. This book was gut-wrenching and yet very eye opening as to how blessed we truly are, and how much we take for granted on a daily basis.



ABOUT KIMBERLY:
Kimberly Smith was an average American churchgoer, wife, and mother—until she dared to ask God His dreams for her life. Traveling around the world and deep into the darkness of her own heart, Kimberly’s worst fears collided with her faith as she and her family discovered the atrocities of human trafficking. But it was in that broken place that a self-centered life was transformed into an international effort to save thousands from modern-day slavery, persecution, disease, and genocide.Read more about Kimberly and her story here


Watch the book trailer here

This book was provided free for review by The B & B Media Group

No comments: