Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Forsaking All Others



The October release of Forsaking All Others (the sequel to For Time and Eternity) is highly anticipated by fans of Allison Pittman.  If you’re like me and fell in love with the first book in the Sister Wife series, this has been a LONG wait! 

As I mentioned in my review of the first book, Allison captivated me with this subject matter because I hadn’t ever read a Christian historical fiction novel about Mormon culture. Being raised in Utah, and married to an ex-Mormon, Allison definitely knows her subject matter and her in depth research comes through in these stories.
 
Forsaking All Others picks right up where we left off with Camilla Fox so I highly recommend reading the first book to get the back story on how she ended up marrying a Mormon.  After seeing some changes in her beloved husband, Camilla realizes she has been deceived and tries to escape the miserable lifestyle she’s been lured into.  However, her heart and her head are at war and Camilla is pitifully torn between the two.  And then there’s the children.

In a community where Mormonism reigns supreme, how will she ever escape the long reaching arms and control of Brigham Young, much less take her daughters with her?

This second book is another page turner – I read long past being tired just to see where Camilla would end up and if she would be able to escape her nightmare.
 

Thanks to Tyndale House Publishers for providing me with an Advanced Reader Copy of this book to review.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Ooooh I want to read this! Sounds so good.