Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Vigilante by Robin Parrish


The wicked have had their day.
Morality’s time has come.
There is a better way......


Robin Parrish’s books tend to mess with my head and they definitely aren’t something I read right before bed!   They also take me WAY out of my comfort zone, as was the case when I read Nightmare.   You can read my review of Nightmare here
That book was not only spine-tingling – it SCARED me!    I usually don’t want to be creeped out by what I’m reading but these books have a way of drawing you right into the middle of the plot and as much as you might want to put it down?  You are compelled to keep reading.  

So blame the dark circles under my eyes on sleep deprivation because Robin had me hooked and reading long past my bedtime once I started Vigilante.

Apart from the mafia style killings that take place, this book isn’t so much scary as it is cool.   Robin’s imagination ran wild (yet again) and the main character in Vigilante is about as interesting as you’re going to find in a suspense novel.  I’m not even a huge fan of the suspense genre and this book totally intrigued me.  With superhero type capabilities that are completely human engineered, Nolan Gray is a force to be reckoned with. 

As a string of mysterious billboards start popping up all over the nation, their simple message of a better way creates a buzzing tension and frenzy amongst the American people.  Nolan Gray, the man behind the billboards, has a score to settle and his mission is to change the world by pushing back evil with good.  He is out to wage war on immorality, pain & suffering, cruelty and injustice and plans to give people some hope.

He becomes known as “The Hand”, due to the symbolic outstretched hand that appears on his billboards and his hoodie and is quickly elevated to savior status when he begins to take down gangs and stop crime.

This book is fast paced, action packed and had me holding my breath most of the time.  DO NOT miss this new novel by Robin Parrish.  It’s the second book of his that I have read that has made me sit up and take notice of the suspense genre.    If you are already familiar with Robin’s books then you know what you are in for!

This book was provided free for review by Bethany House Publishers.






No comments: