Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pearl In The Sand


If you enjoy biblical fiction as much as I do, you are going to want to get a copy of Pearl In The Sand by Tessa Afshar.  

This book is the story of Rahab, best known for her scandalous reputation as a prostitute.  Very little is actually known about Rahab but I really like the way the author took liberties with this story and created such an interesting account.  Her suggestions as to how and why Rahab possibly ended up working as a zonah made perfect sense to me.  Tessa stayed very true to the culture and customs of the time period which made the story completely believable.  I also appreciate that she included some explanations and definitions at the beginning of the book; I had no idea there were two types of prostitutes during this biblical time period.

Although I knew from scripture that Rahab married at some point and had a son, I never really stopped to think about her love story.  This story is the ultimate example of God’s grace, forgiveness and restoration. This book captivated me and held my interest all the way through – I highly recommend it!

Thank you to Moody Publishers for sending me a copy to review.


Purchase Pearl In The Sand


Get it for Kindle


Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free from Moody Publishers as part of their Blogger Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


From The Author’s Website:

Can a Canaanite harlot who has made her livelihood by looking desirable to men make a fitting wife for one of the leaders of Israel? Shockingly, the Bible’s answer is yes.

Pearl in the Sand tells Rahab’s untold story. Rahab lives in a wall; her house is built into the defensive walls of the City of Jericho. Other walls surround her as well—walls of fear, rejection, unworthiness.

A woman with a wrecked past; a man of success, of faith …of pride; a marriage only God would conceive! Through the heartaches of a stormy relationship, Rahab and Salmone learn the true source of one another’s worth and find healing in God.

No comments: