Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Christmas Shoppe


This book was a little strange for me because I was expecting something totally different.  Judging by the photo on the cover and the description I read, I was caught off guard when I began reading. 

This was a little like falling down the rabbit hole with Alice In Wonderland.  It’s mystical and magical (and sometimes weird) but it was more about forgiveness, reconciliation and getting over past hurts, and very loosely connected to the birth of Christ. 

There is a brief mention of the birth of Christ but most of the story revolves around characters who have issues with past disappointments and hurts and need to put them to rest. 

It was a good story and well worth the read once I made it to the end, but much different than what I thought it would be.  I really like Melody Carlson’s books, but this one was not my favorite.  For whatever reason I could not connect with this book very easily and forced myself to finish reading it.

You can read an excerpt here


Purchase a copy here


Purchase the Kindle version here


CLICK HERE for more books by Melody


Thank you to Donna at Revell for sending me a review copy of The Christmas Shoppe

Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free from Revell. No payment was received nor was I required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: