Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Essential Guide To Healing


According to the authors, this book was written to encourage readers that God could use them to pray for the sick and see healings take place. 

The authors write that they have cried out to God in private and have taken risks in public and by using that simple method, they have seen many healings take place in their ministries.  They share several testimonies of what has happened before, during and after these healings and also offer a five-step prayer model for those who want to learn to pray for the sick.

I have to be honest - I walked away from this book conflicted and uncomfortable because some of the overtones towards “denominational” beliefs come off a bit arrogant. 

I would hope it wasn’t intentionally written to come across that way, but the general insinuation of this book is that denominational churches and their erroneous belief systems have led to the demise of healing amongst the church body.  I also had some issues with the way the gifts of the Spirit were written about, (mainly words of knowledge).  Based on my reservations about this book, I would not be able recommend it.  


Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this book free from Chosen Books. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: