Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Summer of Promise




I found it interesting that the author’s inspiration for this story, came from her own personal visits to Ft. Laramie. If you have read any of Amanda Cabot’s books prior to this one, you’ll already know that many of her stories are inspired by her travels. 

For readers who enjoy rich historical fiction that weaves faith and romance, they will want to get their hands on this new book.  The cover is gorgeous – I kept closing the book to look at it!

Abigail Harding, the heroine in this story, is a sweet and believable character.  (I loved her soft spot for animals)  Out of love and concern for her sister Charlotte, she bravely travels by stagecoach from Vermont to Wyoming.  Charlotte's letters have given Abigail the impression that something just isn't right.  And when she arrives, she finds out more than she bargained for.  

Although Abigail is promised to another, Lieutenant Ethan Bowles catches her attention when he bravely defends her and from there a wonderful rich story builds that will leave readers anxiously awaiting the next book in the series.


Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free from Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Amanda Cabot said...

I'm delighted that you enjoyed Summer of Promise. And, yes, the cover is stunning, isn't it? The covers Revell has given me in the past are gorgeous, but this one is the best yet.