Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

That's My Girl



I highly recommend this book as required reading for all fathers who are raising daughters. 

This book is packed with valuable information and I deeply appreciate that the author not only focused on the spiritual aspects of fathers and daughters, but included the emotional, mental and physical as well.  This is a great teaching resource for dads who want to learn more about valuing and cherishing their girls.

As a little girl who lost her father at a young age to cancer, Chapter Two was spot on for me. The author writes about the effects of fatherlessness on girls, and how it shapes their thinking. This portion of the book actually answered some questions for me as to my behaviors growing up. Losing a father is devastating to any child, but in particular, very damaging to girls.

The author writes very openly and honestly about his relationship with his own daughter and shares some of the challenges they have had to face. Some of his stories made me laugh, others made me cry but they all hit a nerve with this reader. 

I applaud the author for bravely addressing the tough issues of dating, sex and the things that every father needs to teach his daughter about boys. 




Available January 2012 at your favorite bookseller
from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.


Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this book free from Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


2 comments:

Rick Johnson said...

Hi Lily,
Thanks for your nice review of my book. I appreciate your insights and willingness to share them. Blessings,
Rick

BTW--My wife thinks your site is "cute".

Cafe Lily Book Reviews said...

Thank you to Mrs. Johnson :)