Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Creative Slow Cooker Meals



If you’ve been stumped as to what to use your slow cooker for, this cookbook will give you some fresh ideas.  I had no idea you could make pancakes or upside down cake in a slow cooker, or pumpkin pies in a jar!  I also never thought of using my slow cooker for a fondue pot or a punch bowl.
The author takes slow cooking seriously and uses two at a time to make complete meals.  With six children and a busy schedule, this working mom demonstrates how to make healthy, hearty meals without a lot of fuss.
I really like that she includes a list of 10 reasons to read the directions first – this list will save you the headache of mishaps and mistakes. 

There’s something for everyone in this cookbook, from healthy recipes to the not-so-healthy, sinful desserts.  I was also impressed that these recipes tend to be unique and different from the usual pot roast/chili/soup recipes we tend to associate with a slow cooker.

Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this book free from Harvest House. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


No comments: