James Randall Robison , son of James and Betty Robison (Life Outreach International) encourages readers to pursue happiness and joy which as the book will show you, are not the same thing. The author writes that happiness is primarily looked at from an emotional perspective, however when you understand happiness from a spiritual perspective, it looks much different.
This book was interesting to me and while some may be led to believe by the title that this is a “fluffy” message, the author addresses many topics in this book. Pride, work, pleasure, marriage, bitterness – just to name a few. I really enjoyed the chapter about work!
Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free from Harvest House. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
Christians should be the happiest of all people! Randy Robison, writer and producer for Life Today television program, encourages readers to embrace everything God wants for them, including deep, overflowing gladness that does not depend on pleasant circumstances or emotional highs. Robison provides helpful answers to important questions like these:
· What is true happiness? How does it compare to blessing, joy, and our delight in the Lord?
· Is true happiness attainable in this life?
· Why does God want us to be happy? How does happiness relate to our relationship with God, our character, and our mission?
· What keeps us from being happy? What promotes happiness?
· How can we be happy even when we are broken, afraid, or navigating stressful situations?
Full of biblical wisdom and insight, this engaging new look at happiness challenges readers’ unexamined assumptions and opens new possibilities for them to rejoice in the Lord like never before.