Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Promise Me This


I was anxious to read this book because I enjoy historical fiction, however, the added bonus for me was that this book centers around the Titanic, which is an event that has always fascinated me. The combination of the two in Promise Me This, made for a very enjoyable read.

This story is based upon a Titanic passenger, Owen George Allum, who the author discovered when reading the ship’s manifest. Upon further research, she became interested in his story and from that interest, Promise Me This was born. This book is different from others I’ve read in that it focuses more on the lives and events following the Titanic's demise.

In this story, Annie Allen loses her brother Owen, and in the days following she discovers horrible family secrets that begin to harden her heart. With her parents and her brother gone, Annie feels alone and overwhelmed. Their dreams of starting a new life in America die on the day the Titanic sinks.

This story is full of hopes, dreams, tragedy, hatred; the author addresses a wealth of emotions in the pages of this book. I enjoyed all of the characters – they are so easy to relate to. This is the kind of book that you easily sink into and just get lost in.


Promise Me This is Cathy’s third novel and I look forward to reading more of her books in the future.



Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this book free from Tyndale. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


No comments: