Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

When The Smoke Clears



Best known as the author of “suspense with a twist”, Lynette’s books are the kind that you need to buckle up your seatbelt and hang on for the ride!

This is the 3rd book I’ve read by Lynette, and she consistently pulls me in on page one.  There’s no work involved – you’re simply hooked.  Her books are a whirling vortex of suspense and action so plan to read awhile if you pick one up.

In this book, Alexia Allen is a female smokejumper who almost loses her life and has to take a break from her job.  But when her break from work turns into a murder crime scene, Alexia finds herself in the middle of unbelievable stress; mental, emotional and physical.  Alexia's character follows the trend of Lynette Eason’s heroines who are strong, independent, hard-working women.  And though they have a "tough as nails" exterior, they also all have a tender side.   This rings true with Alexia as well.

If you enjoy crime scenes that are bit gritty alongside a little romance, Lynnette Eason is the author for you.  Her attention to details and well-researched plots deliver believable, news-story fresh scenarios.  Yet through all of the suspense, mystery, action, chaos and crisis, the author’s message of faith is woven into the plot.  I don’t find her preachy, she just allows the reader to gently discover that God is there for us through it all and waiting for us to call on Him.

I always enjoy the twists and turns in Lynette’s books, especially the unexpected characters who show up and make me dig a little harder to figure out how they fit in.

If you enjoy romantic suspense, I highly recommend this author!

Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this book free from Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: