Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sarai


Fans of Jill Eileen Smith will be thrilled to read the first book in her new Wives of the Patriarchs series, Sarai.

If you enjoy Biblical fiction, you will LOVE these books! 

Jill’s books bring the Bible to life and her stories are always well researched and full of biblical customs and history.  She has been consistent in staying true to the scriptural accounts of her characters, while adding in interesting details that round out the story.

I really liked the way she fleshed out the story of how Hagar may have ended up as Sarai’s servant, which of course later leads to tension and the infamous "love triangle."  Sarai is very vulnerable and very human in this book, and through Jill's writing, you feel the pain and humiliation the she suffers.   

This book focuses on the life of Abram and Sarai leading up to their big move to the land they previously didn’t know, and also goest into detail about their life before Isaac.  She writes about Sarai in a way that makes her vulnerability and insecurity easy to understand.

Out of all of Jill’s books that I’ve read, Bathsheba is still my favorite.  You can check out my review of that title here: 
http://redlilycafe.blogspot.com/2011/03/bathsheba-wives-of-king-david-3.html




 

 
Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this book free from Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: