Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Monday, May 28, 2012

The Ride Of Her Life



Café Lily’s Review:

Third and final book in the Lake Manawa Summers series, The Ride of Her Life promises more of the fun, action-packed adventure that readers have come to associate Lorna Seilstad’s books with. For readers like myself who love historical fiction, Lorna once again explores the early 1900’s and includes interesting characters and locations in her storyline.

Lilly Hart, a young widower raising her small son, unintentionally causes herself some headaches at work when she is rude to the man responsible for bringing jobs to Lake Manawa. In order to keep her job at Thorton’s Lunch Counter, Lilly’s boss is adamant that she go out of her way and indulge Mr. Perrin. Nick Perrin is determined to build the best and safest roller coaster in the West, and during his summer stay, his path crosses Lilly’s many time. Lilly’s determination for independence from her overbearing in-laws, causes her to be in Nick’s presence even more.

The romance that develops is sweet and while Lilly thinks she’s not ready to love again, Nick Perrin might be the man to change her mind. Lorna researches her storylines carefully and I found this book interesting, because I had no idea that the popularity of amusement parks took off in the early 1900’s. According to Lorna’s research, 2,000 amusement parks were opened in the United States prior to the Great Depression. I also didn’t know that the world’s oldest operating coaster is still in operation today. If you are looking for a sweet, summertime romance, find a nice spot in the shade and spend the afternoon with Lilly Hart at Lake Manawa.



Available May 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.



Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this book free from Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Come visit me and I'll take you to the roller coaster. It's in my town. If you come I'll even ride it with you ;)