Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Monday, May 21, 2012

A Love Forbidden


This is book two in the Heart of The Rockies series. I didn’t read the first book so I’m not sure how much impact that would have had on my enjoyment of this story, but for some reason I had a hard time connecting with this book. It seemed very predictable, and I felt like I knew the ending of the story, right from the first chapter.

The story is sweet, and the characters are endearing, but it many ways it reminded me of a “Dr Quinn Medicine Woman” episode. The book focuses on Shiloh Wainwright who meets up again with her childhood friend, Jesse Blackwater. Jesse is a “half breed” Ute Indian who finds it hard to figure out where he belongs. The Indians view him as white, and the whites view him as Indian so he forever straddles the two worlds. Shiloh accepts a teaching position at the White River Agency, in hopes of helping the Ute children adapt to the ways and education of the white man. Little does she know, Jesse is there and they reconnect when Shiloh arrives and attempts to bring change to the Utes.

Though they rekindle old feelings for each other, it’s uncertain whether or not their relationship will ever be accepted. Overall, this is a clean love story with a nice background of historical fiction centered on the Ute Indians and their life in the Colorado Territory.



Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Available May 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

No comments: