Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Diary of a Player

Diary of a Player is the story of Brad Paisley's rise to fame and how he went from a simple boy from West Virginia, discovering a love of music, to the winner of several country music awards.  He credits his "Papaw" for nuturing his interest in the guitar by giving him his very first stringed instrument.

Brad admits that his musical ability did not come easy and he had to work very hard to get where he is today.   I enjoyed the book, not being very familiar with Brad or his music but I wish he would have talked more about his life with his wife and children.  He briefly mentions their courtship and surprise wedding, but most of this book is about his younger years and arrival in Nashville.

Brad seems very down to earth, even though he and his wife are both successful entertainers.   He interjects wit and humor into this book which for me, made the memoir interesting.

If you are a Brad Paisley or country music fan, I highly recommend this memoir.



Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this book free from Howard Books. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


No comments: