Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Friday, July 27, 2012

A Sister's Forgiveness

Book Two in the Women of Pinecraft series, continues with the Amish/Mennonite community in Pinecraft, FL and focuses on sisters, Emma and Jeannie and their families.  

I did not read the first book in this series, but I in no way felt like I had missed out on anything.  The second book was so intense and riveting, that I fell right into the story and was glued to the pages.

Emma and Jeannie's relationship is tested beyond measure when a family tragedy strikes, leaving everyone dazed and numb.   The family is torn apart when a horrible accident claims Tessa's (Jeannie's daughter) life and her cousin Sadie (Emma's daughter) is partly responsible.

Forgiveness seems impossible and I wondered if these two families would ever be able to move past the horrible loss.  This book left me emotionally wiped out at times, and is a pretty heavy read.   I found it very interesting, but also very taxing emotionally, as the subject matter is very sad.   As some other reviewers have stated, the book does drag a bit at times, but overall I would still rate this as a great read for those who love fiction and Amish/Mennonite culture.



Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this book free from Barbour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


1 comment:

Diane Estrella said...

This book sounds interesting. Thanks for your thoughts and the review. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :O)