Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cottage By The Sea

I read most of this book, choking back the tears. Cottage By The Sea is a very emotional, touching book that tells a powerful story.

Erin Bryce is starting some new chapters in her life as business owner, mother of the groom, and mother-in-law. As she prepares to embark on these new and exciting adventures, an unexpected medical crisis with her father brings her plans to a screeching halt. Erin rushes to be by her father’s side and faces her difficult step-mother while trying to reconnect with her father.

Erin uncovers some painful emotions during her visit and discovers what it means to make some very difficult choices. Any reader who is or has dealt with the health challenges of an aging parent, will be able to completely relate to Erin in this story.

I really liked how the author included Irish blessings all throughout the book. Her writing was so vivid and descriptive, I swear I could smell the salty ocean air and hear the seagulls crying as waves crashed onto the rocks. This is one book by Robin Jones Gunn you will not want to miss.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Howard Books. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

 

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I loved this book as well! Such a moving story!

Brooke