Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Travelers Rest

 
Isn't the book cover gorgeous?  I could not wait for this book to arrive!  Ann Tatlock has been on my list of favorite authors for a very long time and this book is just another flawless example of why I love her writing so much.

Travelers Rest is about the past, present and future.  The characters are very easy to relate to and this is a story that shows the sacrifice our beloved servicemen and women sometimes face.  My heart broke for Jane, who desperately wants to do the right thing.   The love of her life lays wounded in a hospital bed and pushes her away emotionally and physically.   Jane's entire future is wrapped up in Seth's recovery and she tries to keep both hope and love alive.

This is a wonderful vacation novel, and I would strongly recommend that you get it, especially if you've never read one of Ann's books.   It's so hard for me to choose a favorite - so I suggest you read ALL of her books!

As I've stated before in previous reviews, Ann writes to the heart and soul of her readers, pulling them into complex stories rich with emotion and drama. Every book of Ann’s that I read ends up becoming my “favorite”. Her stories resonate with me long after the book is finished.   You cannot read an Ann Tatlock novel and NOT be affected!


From Ann's website:

Travelers Rest:

 Jane Morrow has a dilemma. She's engaged to Seth Ballantine, a member  of the National Guard's 30th Heavy Brigade Combat Team, and he's returned from Iraq severely wounded. Jane hasn't seen him for nearly a year, and with trepidation, she heads to the VA hospital in Asheville, North Carolina,
where he is being treated.

Seth isn't happy to see her. He'd asked her not to come. He wants to end the relationship. But Jane loves him, and despite his injury, she's determined to convince him that they can have a life together. Her faith has never been  strong, yet she hopes God will answer her prayers and tell her what to do.

Beautifully written, Travelers Rest takes readers on a journey through pain and tragedy to a place of hope and redemption.

 
Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free from Bethany House. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.



 

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Travelers Rest is on my nightstand right now. Your review makes me want to read it sooner than planned!