Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cruel Harvest


I cannot remember a time when I have been absolutely horrified reading a book. 

Cruel Harvest was probably one of the most disturbing books I may ever read in my lifetime.   I knew it wouldn't be good, in the sense of subject matter, but the father that Fran Grubb writes about is a terrifying mixture of demon, madman and monster.   At times I found myself wondering if he was possessed, schizophrenic, bipolar or all of the above.   Whatever he was, I was absolutely sick at times, reading the terror he inflicted upon others.

Little girls are supposed to be the object of their Daddy's affection - not his fists.   The apple of his eye - not his perversion.  

I will forever be amazed at how Francis Grubb was able to lead any type of normal life, after growing up in such gross dysfunction, that there's not even a label for it.

Francis Grubb was able to overcome the odds, and become a beautiful example of the mercy and grace of God.   The fact that she's alive and able to tell her story, is nothing short of a miracle.


This is an amazing story, one that you won't be able to put down.  

NOTE: Due to the graphic elements in this book, I would not recommend it for those who are sensitive to this type of subject manner. 



Book Description:
"Get out here, now, or I'm gonna kill you!" he hollered.

Little girls are hardwired to hold their daddies in high esteem, so it comes as a shock the first time a daughter feels the back of her daddy's hand across her face . . . or watches him punch and kick her mother to within an inch of her life.

How could this be? Her older sisters teach her how to survive, even when he comes for her in the night.

A girl learns to become invisible, to look the other way, to say nothing when a curious stranger asks if she's okay. To lie. To expect nothing, not even from relatives.

To cry without tears.
To pray silently.

When she is fourteen, and weary, a girl begins to wish she were dead. Cruel Harvest is the compelling story of how she lived instead.



Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from BookSneeze. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: