Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mother of Pearl

This book was in one word, riveting. I would have read it all in one sitting, if I could have spared the time.

I could relate to so many aspects of this story, as a mother, a daughter, a friend - the characters were completely believable and easy to identify with. I really liked the pace at which the author allowed this story to play out. Not too fast, not too slow; in my opinion, it was perfection, and most definitely did not read like a debut novel. I could not stop turning pages to find out what happened next.

Without giving too much away, I was most affected by the last part of the book and what the family goes through to protect Pearl's reputation. Not only was the story interesting, it made me think about what I would do, in the same situation. Every mother should read this book and then pass it on! I definitely look forward to reading more of Kellie's books.

 

No comments: