Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Reunion by Dan Walsh

 
After reading The Deepest Waters, The Homecoming, Remembering Christmas, and The Discovery, I never thought Dan's books could get any better.

I find it hard to choose a favorite, because each of his books have blown me away.   The Reunion is his sixth novel, and once again, I was drawn into a story so emotional, so vivid and well written, I could hardly breathe at times. The characters were amazing and I felt drawn to each one.

And as usual, while reading this book I learned something about history - in this case, the Vietnam war.   Dan Walsh's books consistently reiterate themes of love, forgiveness, old fashioned values, family and faith.  When I pick up one of his books, the rest of the world fades away and I cannot wait to see what comes next.  I strongly encourage you to read Dan's books - they are stories that stay with you long after the last page is turned.

From the back of the book:

Everything lost can be found.

Aaron Miller knows a thing or two about loss. He’s lost love. Dignity. Second, and even third, chances.

Once honored for his heroism, he now lives in near obscurity, working as a handyman in a humble trailer park. But God is a master at finding and redeeming the lost things of life.

Unbeknownst to Aaron, someone is searching for him. With deep insight into the human heart, consummate storyteller Dan Walsh gently weaves a tale of a life spent in the shadows but meant for the light.

Through tense scenes of war and tender moments of romance, The Reunion will make you believe that everyone can get a second chance at life and love.

No comments: