Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hear Me - Kyle Sherman


Cafe Lily's Review

I wasn't sure how to feel about this album.  It had an eclectic mix of just about everything.  All Things New was a worshipful, peaceful, easy listening type of song.  Heaven had a soft, country rock sound and then  Build It On The Rock (the one I liked the most) offered a bluesy, upbeat, gospel/ "Michael English" style.

There was no real consistency, and the album was all over the place from soft rock, to country rock, to bluesy gospel. The background music at times, sounded a lot like the 80's with a heavy drum beat and synthesizer sound. It was a little strange for me to listen to. This isn't an album I would buy for myself, but those looking for a wide variety of styles all in one place, will appreciate the diversity.

You can visit Kyle's page HERE to listen to some of the tracks for yourself.


Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this album free from Fly By Promotions.  I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

 Album Bio 

Fort Worth-based singer-songwriter Kyle Sherman recently signed on as the flagship artist to brand new label RayLynn Records, an opportunity that presented itself during a time period when a record deal wasn't even on his radar. "It's crazy how God works," Kyle says. 'Five years ago, I pushed pretty hard to do my own thing as a singer-songwriter, but every well I approached would dry up. It clearly wasn't the right time." So Kyle continued on a path of leading worship, taking a full-time role as worship leader at Lifechurch.TV's Fort Worth campus under the leadership of renowned pastor/author Craig Groeschel. Just 3-years later Kyle made it back to Nashville, pouring his heart into a microphone at Sony studio with veteran producer and country singer-songwriter Mark Collie making his first album. God is faithful. Hear Me, the result of those sessions, is an eclectic and authentic mix of rootsy, southern soul.



No comments: