Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Til Grits Do Us Part


Shiloh Jacobs is back, with more mishaps and adventure. If you missed the first book in this series, (Southern Fried Sushi), you can check out my review of that here.

Til Grits Do Us Part is the third book in this series, and I do believe its helpful to read these in order.  This book follows in the style of the first two with interesting, colorful characters and plenty of twists, turns and drama.

Shiloh is STILL planning her wedding, only this time to a man who is worlds apart from the guy we meet in the first book, both literally and figuratively.  And this time, the author throws in a murder mystery to keep things moving.

If you haven't had a chance to read this series, I strongly encourage you to get them all!  I love the multi-cultural theme the author brings to her stories, and how she manages to make all of her quirky characters work together in each book.  And as I mentioned before, the use of southern terms and phrases appeal to my "southern roots" and keep me hooked.


Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free from Barbour. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Lara Taeuber said...

I just loved this series. They were very refreshing and It really poked me on my judgmental side, as in I maybe missing some great friendships.