Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Twice A Bride

 
Fourth book in The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, Twice A Bride, follows the journey of Willow Peterson, a young widow trying to get her life back in order.   Willow is torn between family commitments and pursuing her own dreams.  An unexpected opportunity presents itself and Willow finally has the chance to explore a career utilizing her artistic skills.
 
This was the first book I've read by this author, and while it was ok, it just didn't move me the way other historical fiction books have.  I adore this genre but for whatever reason, I didn't feel a connection to the story or characters.   I think not reading the other books in the series could have played a part, especially with this being the fourth book.   For whatever reason the story just didn't reach out and grab me, and draw me in.
 
Although I didn't care for Twice A Bride, I do hope to read the author's new Civil War series coming out in 2013.  I plan to start with the first book though, to give the series a fair chance.
 

No comments: