Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Friday, October 26, 2012

What Your Husband Isn't Telling You

 
Good husbands are not born, they are trained.     Page 183


Cafe Lily's Review:

This book for the most part, left a bad taste in my mouth.  While some (and I'm being generous here) good points are made, others made me cringe for the author’s wife.  While I hand it to him for being completely honest and open, I did have to wonder about the “What Men are Visual” Means chapter. 
 
I did agree with the author’s statements that no other generation has ever had to deal with as much sexual temptation in so many different forms. 

I do not agree with his statement that “men always look at women, they always pick out a favorite.”  He says of himself, “I may not always pursue, but I always look.”  Obviously,  the author hasn’t read “Every Man’s Battle” and learned to bounce his eyes, as Steve Arterburn suggests.  I kept thinking "his poor wife" as I read some of his comments and confessions, which came off a bit arrogant.

The entire book isn’t about men and sex per say, but deals with how women need to be able to really hear what their husbands are trying to tell them.  The author talks about showing your husband respect, even when he doesn’t deserve it.

I have very mixed emotions about this book and wouldn’t recommend it, when there are so many other great resources out there. 

I would more likely recommend “Building an Emotionally Healthy Marriage” by Jimmy Evans of Marriage Today, if you want to understand how to relate to your husband better.

Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers.  I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


No comments: