Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Christmas Roses


Amanda Cabot invites readers to cozy up with a romantic, heartwarming tale of the greatest gift of all--love. Celia Anderson doesn't need anything for Christmas except a few more boarders, which are hard to come by in this small mining town. She certainly doesn't have a husband on her Christmas wish list. But when a wandering carpenter finds lodging at her boarding house, she admits that she might remarry if she found the right man--the kind of man who would bring her roses for Christmas. It would take a miracle to get roses during a harsh Wyoming winter. But Christmas, after all, is the time for miracles . . .


Amanda Cabot is an accomplished author under various pen names and a popular speaker. The author of Paper Roses, Scattered Petals, Tomorrow's Garden, and Summer of Promise, she is also a charter member of Romance Writers of America, the cofounder of its New Jersey chapter, a member of the ACFW, and an avid traveler. She lives in Wyoming.


Cafe Lily's Review:

I read Christmas Roses in one sitting! The photo on the cover of the book reminded me of a Currier and Ives print. Overall, the book has a sturdy feel to it and would make a wonderful gift for the reader on your Christmas gift list. The main characters are completely believable and right away, I found myself engrossed in the story of Celia Anderson, the young widow trying to provide for herself and baby girl. I admired Celia’s pluck and that she didn’t rush into another marriage, just to have a husband to take care of her, as was common for that time period.

Celia is independent and strong, yet still feminine and vulnerable which is part of what makes her so endearing to readers. I also liked that while the book has a Christmas look and feel about it, the theme is not overdone in the story. The celebration of Christ is worked in very naturally and added to the enjoyment of the story. I really enjoyed this romantic story and highly recommend it!


Disclosure of Material Connection:

I received this book free from Revell.  I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own
 

1 comment:

Amanda Cabot said...

I'm delighted that you enjoyed my story enough to give it a highly recommended rating. Thanks for taking the time to read and review it.