Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Monday, January 28, 2013

The Air We Breathe


Christa Parrish made my list of favorite authors, with Watch Over Me. I could not put that book down and didn't want it to end.  You can read my review of that here


Unfortunately, I did not feel quite the same way about The Air We Breathe, but it was probably just me, judging by the rave reviews its getting on other sites.  This book did not hold a candle to Watch Over Me, in my opinion.

Overall, it was dark, dreary and I felt like it dragged in several places. I forced myself to finish it, mainly because I needed closure. I *had* to know what happened to the girl in this story, even though it was a rough journey and I felt like giving up half way through. There were a few holes in the story and so it was hard keeping it all together sometimes.

The back and forth between past and present was a bit choppy for me as well. I wanted to love it, and tried. I just could not connect with this one. Christa is a brilliant author and I would pick up another one of her books in a heartbeat. I just think that for the place I am at, right this very minute, this was too depressing for me to enjoy.



Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free from Bethany House.   I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own
 

No comments: