Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Waiting For Spring

Second book in the Westard Winds series, this book continues the story of Charlotte, who we first meet in Summer of Promise.  Charlotte has lost her husband and is desperately trying to provide for herself and her young son, David.  She has moved to Cheyenne and is doing fairly well, as a dressmaker, but has many challenges to overcome, and also is living in fear that her secrets will be discovered.  This book could read as a stand alone, but the first one was so good, I highly suggest reading the series in order.  While there was a nice love story, this book had quite a bit of mystery and suspense which made for a quick read. The author paints a vivid picture of this particular time period, with her realistic descriptions and detailed writing.  And of course, the cover of this book is just as gorgeous as the first one!

Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free from Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

 

1 comment:

Amanda Cabot said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review my book. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it.