Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rebekah by Jill Eileen Smith



Fans of Jill Eileen Smith who have been waiting for the second book in the Wives of the Patriarchs series, will be thrilled that the wait is over. If you enjoy Biblical fiction, you will LOVE these books! I have not been disappointed by any of Jill's books - each one has been fantastic.

Her stories bring the Bible to life and are filled with rich history and customs. While she takes some liberty with her characters and plots, she is very consistent and stays true to the scriptural accounts. I really like how she fleshes out the stories and develops the characters. Up until this point, Bathsheba in The Wives Of King David series has been my favorite. Rebekah ran a close second. I enjoyed every page of this book and really enjoyed the slight twist that Jill put into this story. Rebekah came to life for me, while reading this and I understood the story much better after reading this book. I highly recommend Jill's books for anyone who enjoys biblical fiction.

 Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free from Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


*Jill Smith will be the featured guest on a Live interactive Video Chat Session sponsored by “Shindig” on Tuesday February 19th at 7:00 pm EST!!  It’s free to attend, and you can meet Jill and ask any questions you have for her!  Go here to RSVP and find out more details about this event. 


Join best-selling author Jill Eileen Smith as she presents ten facts and/or possibilities you might not know about the Patriarch Isaac's wife Rebekah. Do you have a question about the people in the Bible you've always wanted to ask? Jill will take questions about biblical characters, biblical fiction, and about any of her books in the Wives of the Patriarchs or Wives of King David series. So please, plan to join us!



No comments: