Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

When The Heart Heals

Where Wildflowers Bloom is the first book in the Sisters at Heart series. When the Heart Heals is the second book and continues the story of Faith, Rosemary, and Cassie. Although several familiar characters show up in this story, Rosemary is the main focus of this book and I think I enjoyed this one, better than the first.

Rosemary is a nurse but has some trouble finding work, due to her Civil War service. She also has a good knowledge of herbs and natural medicine, which puts her at odds with some of the residents in her community. I liked that this book offered romance, but a good amount of suspense as well. I also like that Rosemary is not the stereotypical woman you expect to read about in the mid 1800's.

She is outspoken, feisty, independent and finds herself in trouble quite often because of those qualities. Her stubbornness makes her endearing, and she has a heart of gold and is focused on helping others. I am looking forward to 2014, when Ann will release the third book in the Sisters at Heart series, Love’s Sweet Beginning. The third book will be a novella in a collection with Amanda Cabot, Laurie Alice Eakes, and Jane Kirkpatrick.


Enter the TEA WITH ROSEMARY Giveaway!  


Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free from Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.



 

1 comment:

Ann Shorey said...

Thank you for reviewing When the Heart Heals. I'm so glad you liked the story! BTW, the novella collection is not part of Love's Sweet Beginning, the third book in this series. So there will be two releases in 2014! Stay tuned.