Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Firefly Island



I enjoyed the way this book was written, because as a reader I felt like I was able to climb inside Mallory's head and stay there as she lived out this story. 

Mallory seemingly has it all - a great job on Capitol Hill, a whirlwind romance with her soul mate, unexpected honeymoon adventures and more. The pages were flying for me, as I read this story full of twists, turns, unexpected thrills....and then it became sinister and John Grisham-ish after awhile. 

That part of the book began to bog down for me and while I was so hooked at that point that I didn't much care, the ending came to a screeching halt for me.  I seriously looked to see if my book was missing pages - it was that abrupt.  

However, even with its flaws, this book was still an enjoyable read - I just wish the ending had been a bit different.



About The Book:

At thirty-four, congressional staffer Mallory Hale is about to embark on an adventure completely off the map. After a whirlwind romance, she is hopelessly in love with two men--fortunately, they're related. Daniel Everson and his little boy, Nick, are a package deal, and Mallory suddenly can't imagine her future without them. 

Mallory couldn't be more shocked when Daniel asks her to marry him, move to Texas, and form a family with him and motherless Nick. The idea is both thrilling and terrifying. 

Mallory takes a leap of faith and begins a sweet, mishap-filled journey into ranch living, Moses Lake society, and a marriage that at times reminds her of the mail-order-bride stories. But despite the wild adventure of her new life, she discovers secrets and questions beneath her rosy new life. Can she find answers on Firefly Island, a little chunk of property just off the lakeshore, where mysterious lights glisten at nigh


  Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

 

No comments: