Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Love In A Broken Vessel

 

What an emotional, roller coaster ride this was. As with other books I've read by Mesu Andrews, I LOVED this story! Mesu's books are effortless to read and I am able to easily connect with the chacters and feel like I am right there, in the midst of the story as it unfolds. 

This book brings the story of Hosea and Gomer to life and I was captivated through the entire book. I don't think I've ever really thought about Gomer being so vulnerable and emotionally fragile, but the way the author writes about her in this book, you can't help but feel sorry for her. No matter how kind and loving Hosea was to her, Gomer just couldn't seem to shake the harlot mentality. 

I liked how Mesu consistently made the comparison between Gomer and Israel, weaving a subtle message all through the book. A must read for those who enjoy excellent biblical fiction!

 "Available March 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a
division of Baker Publishing Group."


 Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

 

No comments: