Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Monday, April 1, 2013

The Dance with Dan Walsh & Gary Smalley

 

I am a huge fan of Dan Walsh, so I was excited to be able to review his first book in the new "Restoration" series, which he is co-authoring with Gary Smalley.

This book didn't disappoint me and I enjoyed the story of Jim & Marilyn Anderson trying to find their way back to each other, after falling out of love. Their story begins when successful businessman, Jim Anderson, comes home to his "pristine" upper class neighborhood, only to find that things are not as perfect in his life as he believed. His wife is gone and he is stunned. He's not used to Marilyn having a backbone, so when she walks out, he finds himself grasping at straws trying to figure out what happened.

Marilyn is tired of explaining, and she feels she's dropped enough hints over the years. She's moved out and moved on, and Jim wonders if someone else has stolen her heart. The characters in this book are easy to relate to, even if the reader hasn't experienced the exact same issues in their marriage. Good marriages take hard work and every reader will walk away from The Dance with something they can apply to their own relationship.

I am anxious to continue the story, when the next book in this series comes out. It's gonna be a long wait!

 "Available April 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group."



 Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.




 

No comments: