Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Once Upon A Time

 
Anyone familiar with Debbie Macomber's writing, knows she is a great author. The last non-fiction book I read by her, One Perfect Word, made a long lasting impression on me.

Just like that book, Once Upon A Time feels like a very personal conversation with an old friend. Debbie writes about her personal experiences in a way that speaks to me. I very much appreciate her wisdom and transparency, and always feel encouraged when I'm finished with her books. Once Upon A Time talks a lot about living intentionally, and focusing on the story that God is writing as our life.

The first chapter tells the story of how Debbie was inspired to her calling as a writer, and some of the obstacles she faced. She guides readers on a journey of taking small moments and linking them together through journaling, photographs, art, letters and even blogging, as a way to see God's hand in their lives. I enjoyed this book, and highly recommend it.

 Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Howard Books. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

 

No comments: