Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sleeping In Eden




This was a pretty dark, intense read from the genres I normally enjoy. 

The story starts right away and the author doesn't mess around when laying out the plot. Readers are lured in with a crime scene and from there, a thick mysterious tale is spun that gets pretty complicated. I did have some trouble following the connections between characters at times, and at some points, the details were a bit grisly for my preference. However, if you enjoy a good mystery, this is definitely a book you'll want to pick up. 

I found that the same issues I had with Far From Here, rang true for this book as well. I wanted to read it based on the summary, but just couldn't connect in a way to fully enjoy it. This isn't to say the book wasn't good, it just wasn't something I would read again, based on my personal preferences. 

You'll have to pick it up and decide for yourself! 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Howard Books. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: