Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Wishing Tree

The Wishing Tree is my 2013 top pick for your summer vacation read.

No surprise there, because last year The Guest Book was my top pick, and in 2010, The Mailbox.

Marybeth Whalen's books are THE PERFECT novels to take on vacation, or enjoy anytime you want an emotional, heartfelt escape into reading.  I've mentioned before in past reviews, just how vivid and descriptive her writing is.  Her books also make me cry and I don't cry easy when reading. I sat down and read this book from start to finish.

The longer I read, the deeper I became engrossed and I could not go to bed without finishing it. I have to say, this book surprised me because I was so stirred emotionally and kind of found myself disappointed at how it ended. Not because the storyline was bad - quite the opposite!

 It was SO GOOD that I found myself caught up in the whirlwind of emotions. I felt like I was right there.....almost as if **I** were the one in Ivy's shoes, having to make a very difficult decision.

Do not let this one pass by you - RUN and grab yourself a copy, you will not be disappointed.

No comments: