Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Small Town Girl


I was happy to meet up again with the Merritt family, who I first read about in Angel Sister.

You can check out my review of that here

In Small Town Girl, Kate Merritt is all grown up and facing different challenges. I enjoyed the continuation of this family's story and seeing how they had changed, matured and grown closer as a family. While Angel Sister focuses on Lorena and how she came to be part of the family, this book focuses on Kate and her relationship with Jay Tanner.

The historical fiction portion, focuses on Pearl Harbor and give the readers an idea of what life was like leading up to, and during the start of that war. Fans of Ann Gabhart will not be disappointed!

While this story easily stands alone, I did enjoy reading Angel Sister first which gave me a better understanding of the family dynamics.
 

No comments: