Copyright © 2008 - 2017
No part of this blog may be reproduced without express permission from the author/blog owner.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Love Comes Calling



This is a fun, light-hearted story that like its main character, doesn't seem to sit still very long.

Ellis in many ways reminded me of Lucille Ball. She finds herself constantly misunderstood, and usually the center of mishaps and mayhem.  I did not read the author's note until I finished the book, but I understood Ellis much better once I knew the author wrote her with ADHD.  (I would encourage readers to check out the author's notes prior to reading the book - they give some very good insight and background.)

In the time period the story is set in, no one knew what the disorder was so poor Ellis appears irresponsible and impulsive to her friends and family.  She has a good heart and wants to do the right thing, but finds herself repeatedly in a mess.

As fun as the story is, there is also some mystery and suspense and a bit of a darker overtone with the issue of alcoholism.

Overall, a fun read - not the best historical fiction I've read, but interesting enough to make it worth my time.


No comments: