Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Going Purple - Alzheimer's Awareness Month




June is Alzheimer's Awareness month.

Last year when I went "purple"  I wrote about the signs and warnings that I began noticing, regarding my Mom's battle.

During the month of June, many will share their story.   But the truth is, the awareness of this disease is every day for those of us affected by it.  

Every minute, every moment, every waking hour...we are painfully aware.

Not one day goes by that I don't think about my mom.

According to the Alzheimer's Association, who has many wonderful resources on their website:

 Alzheimer’s is fatal. It kills more than breast and prostate cancer combined. 

• Alzheimer’s is not normal aging. It’s a progressive brain disease without any cure. 

• Alzheimer’s is more than memory loss. It appears through a variety of signs and symptoms. 

During the month of June, the Alzheimer’s Association asks you to learn more about Alzheimer’s, share your story and take action.


No comments: